For Professional Advisors
As a trusted professional advisor, you play an essential role in helping your clients achieve their charitable goals. At the Marshfield Area Community Foundation, Inc., we can help you help your clients simplify their giving and maximize their charitable impact. We work with attorneys and accountants, wealth managers and financial advisors to craft customized, flexible giving strategies for their clients. These strategies help your clients maximize tax benefits, reduce administrative burdens, leave legacies and make a meaningful difference with their giving.
Reasons to partner:
As neutral experts in philanthropy, Marshfield Area Community Foundation, Inc. has earned the trust of professional advisors. You remain in control of the client relationship, while we help you by:
- Expanding your capabilities to meet your clients’ charitable giving needs.
- Creating charitable plans that align with your clients’ business, personal and financial decisions
- Providing information on community needs and grantmaking expertise
Listening for the opportunity:
You are in a position to help your clients realize their goals just by listening for giving opportunities, explaining options and suggesting solutions. The best opportunities for giving often occur when they are considering options and making decisions related to:
- Planning for retirement
- Estate planning
- Writing or revising a will
- Year-end tax planning
- Selling a business or real estate
- Sale of highly appreciated stock
- Receiving a financial windfall, such as an inheritance, commission or bonus
- Evaluating private vs. community foundation structures
Asking the charitable questions:
To determine your clients’ interest in charitable giving, you might start with these questions.
- Have you thought of what kind of personal legacy you would like to leave?
- What principles have guided the way you live your life? Raised your family? Run your business (or operated in your profession)? Participated in the community?
- Do you currently volunteer or support any charitable organizations, such as a place of worship, alma mater or local nonprofit?
- Are you interested in supporting these organizations or causes now and after your death?
If you are not comfortable raising these questions, call us. We can help you devise a strategy or join you for a client meeting.